Skip to main content

Earwig and the Witch


Good morning "Frog",

Here I am again, leaving you stories from here, and sending them over the wings of those internet butterflies, to get to you over there.

Today is my brother's birthday. His name is David, Kawika, in Hawaiian. Your daddy's name is also Kawika. He -- your daddy -- wore that name in the middle of his full name for a lot of years. Later, when he was older he decided it was time to wear that name 'Kawika' more of the time. You'll hear your mom and lots of other people calling his Kawika all the time. Names are like that ... so, just saying.

Anyway. 

You probably won't meet my brother David, in your life but he has grandchildren, just like your Two Tutus have you. Maybe, some day you'll hook up with those grandchildren. They would be cousins to you.

I'm writing this story-post as a kind of birthday present for my brother, and something for you to know about. (You might come back here some day and nose around ... being curious). 

I'm writing this story-post because my brother was a very kolohe (rascal in Hawaiian) guy, and I have just finished reading a book called Earwig and the Witch. The story is about a very rascally girl named Earwig. The writer of the story had SUCH A BIG IMAGINATION, AND "Curious" could have been her name ... instead of Dianna Wynne Jones. 

I'm writing this story-post because I really enjoyed reading the book called Earwig and the Witch about a very kolohe girl who learns to live with many adults that try to tell her what to do.  

I found out Earwig and the Witch was made into a movie, an animation. (That means cartoons --drawings-- are made into movies).

Hayao Miyazaki, the co-founder of Studio Ghibli, is planning and developing the movie. His son, Goro Miyazaki, is on board as the director of this movie. And Toshio Suzuki, Studio Ghilbi’s co-founder is producing the studio’s first full 3D CG feature movie. Goro Miyazaki describes the movie as “a work I want everyone to see right now”.

Miyazaki further adds, “Nowadays, in our country, there are many adults and few children. It must be tough for these children, so few of them having to deal with so many adults.” And this led him to think of Earwig, and how she deals with the adults. He continues, “Please watch Earwig and The Witch find out. She may be cheeky, but I sincerely hope that our adorable Earwig will encourage children and cheer up adults.” - "Earwig and the Witch Movie" coming up

Hayao Miyazaki is a really cool, curious man, also a grandfather, who draws cartoons and makes magic with those cartoons and with the help of lots and lots of people makes movies.

Miyazaki-san at his desk where he draws

Someone drew Miyazaki-san with some of his cartoon drawings in the background
 

"Frog" you will probably be called by different names at different times. Names are like that. See, how it's hard for me to call you Carter, when it's the name your mom and dad call you?

Give me time, I'll get used to the change.

Tomorrow you'll be two Two Weeks Old. 

Today my brother David would have been Seventy-One.

That's my brother David (with the aloha shirt), with his sons Kawika and Kalani and his wife Jen, your Aunty Jenny

 

Happy birthdays to you both!! 

Love you 😘😘🎂🎂,

Two Tutus, or Tutu Mo'o or Titi (that's what my brother always called me)
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle Game

 Good morning Little Frog, Last night was a very chilly night. Winter is coming to this Camp Bamboo. Mahina, the moon, was just coming up. I could see her behind the trees. I was thinking about you, and your Dad and  your Mom. I took a chance the little cellphone would be in the vibe, and connection flow.  It was that kind of night, I called your daddy's number, the little cellphone was IN THE VIBE. I was leaving a message. But I saw your daddy was already calling me back! Your daddy was in the yard, watering. He talked about the tomatoes growing, especially curious he was, about the little yellow pear-shaped tomatoes that grow on a different kind of vine. I said I knew those tomatoes and like the taste of them. We had one beautiful and magic conversation while Mahina watched us. It's a very good year for avocados. Yum, lucky you folks!! "The midwife came for breakfast today," your daddy said.  "WOW!" I said. It was a very cool thing to know a 'baby-catc

Welcome "Little Frog" Carter

 Hey, hey what a terrific day!  So so happy you made the journey Can't wait to play, tell stories, and Go swimming together, backstrokin' And pickin' tomatoes or ukulele  Come what may. Wow, you are a loved and welcomed little boy, Carter. You arrived on a Monday, November 23, 2020 shortly after mid-day, 12:10 P.M. at home in Kane'ohe, on O'ahu.  From this Camp Bamboo with the other three humans, four goats, three chickens (until Jude finds three more because they -- Jude and Tutu Pete -- built a bigger chicken coop) one cat and a dog ...  Welcome to the world and our 'ohana 😘😘😘 Your Two Tutus getting ready to backstroke with you.

Setting up camp

  Hello Little Frog! Your Two Tutus have a new camp, and a new home. We left the bunnies, rabbits and hares to be with new friends. The new friends are three human people, making five people included us, four goats, two black hens, one cat, and a dog. This story is about all of us, and the place at the top of long steep road. We call our new place Camp Bamboo.